Cover artist, and more info on editions

Well, since it's now officially official, I'll go ahead and share that we've made a decision on our cover artist!

We're excited to have Maarta Laiho on board as our official cover illustrator!  You can check out her existing portfolio at http://mlaiho.daportfolio.com/, there's some neat stuff there.  We're looking forward to seeing what she comes up with for this project and will of course keep everyone in the loop.

Work on the interior layout is still under way.  I believe I've mentioned this before but I've settled on the 6" x 9" trade paperback with the white paper interior.  While I'm fond of the smaller, mass-market pocketbook size, the larger trade paperback is becoming a popular format and is printed on higher quality paper, so I think in the end it's definitely the way to go.

In addition to the paperback, a 6" x 9" hardcover is going to be published as a special edition for those who are looking to have something a little extra special.  This edition will be available only during the Kickstarter fundraising stage (or if that does not succeed a pre-sale event) and will not be going on sale afterward.  If the response to the paperback is good then I will offer up the hardcover for purchase, but it will be a second edition.  Only those lucky (and generous!) few who are willing to support me in the beginning will have access to this edition.

Stay tuned for exciting developments coming soon!

1 comments:

Beckums said...

woohoo, i will be in line for that hardback!!

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts